Official Rules & Regulations
Lighten Up, East Texas Regional Weight Loss Challenge
No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. Only one entry per person.
The Lighten Up, East Texas regional weight loss challenge will begin on Saturday, November 3, 2012. Weighing locations will also be available on Friday, November 9, 2012, and Friday, November 16, 2012, at locations designated by the Fit City Tyler Steering Committee. Weighing locations may be reopened after Friday, November 16, but only at the discretion of the Fit City Challenge Executive Committee.
To be eligible for the random prize drawings, a person must abide by the following rules:
1) At any designated Lighten Up, East Texas weighing location, each registrant must have their first weight recorded anytime between Saturday, November 3, 2012, and Friday, March 1, 2013. Each registrant’s final weight will be obtained between the dates of Friday, April 19, 2013, and Saturday, April 27, 2013.
2) Every person must complete an entry card when their initial and final weights are recorded at a designated Lighten Up, East Texas weigh-in location. Each person’s registration and contact information will be collected and entered onto the Lighten Up, East Texas Weight Tracker database by the Fit City Challenge Weigh-In Committee.
3) Persons must be weighed on a scale that is approved by the administrator(s) of each weigh-in location. Before stepping onto the scale, each person must be shoeless and is advised to wear lightweight, appropriate clothing, so as to ensure a valid measurement.
4) Each person’s weight must be seen and verified by the administrator &/or an employee of the respective weigh-in site before it can be written on an entry card.
5) If selected as a grand prize winner, an entrant must be able to prove legal residence in one of the following counties include Smith, Gregg, Rusk, Cherokee, Anderson, Henderson, Rains, Van Zandt, Wood, Upshur, Camp, Morris, Titus, Franklin, Hopkins, Delta, Lamar, Red River, Bowie, Cass, Marion, Harrison, Panola, Shelby, Nacogdoches, Angelina, Sabine, San Augustine, Newton, Jasper, Tyler, Polk, San Jacinto, Trinity, or Houston.
Eligibility for the random individual prize drawings will be based on the percentage of body weight that is lost between each person’s initial and final weights. Calculated differences will be absolute; resultant differences in weight loss will not be rounded.
An individual reserves the right not to have their weights entered for the purpose of winning prizes, but must exercise this right by not submitting a Lighten Up, East Texas Official Entry Card, so as to allow interested persons to complete an Official Entry Card. A person having their weight and their personal information recorded onto an official Lighten Up, East Texas entry card voids their ability to waive this right.
For individual prizes, an entry will be earned based on every five percentage points of weight that is lost between the initial and final recorded weights. A maximum of four entries (20% of weight loss) can be earned by any individual. Each person’s weight loss will not be determined by the calculated difference on the Lighten Up, East Texas Weight Tracker database. Prize eligibility is completed when a person returns to a designated Lighten Up, East Texas weighing location, between the dates of Friday, April 19, 2013 and Saturday, April 27, 2013, and has their final weight officially recorded.
Team prizes are awarded based on the number of team members and will be determined by the combined average percentage of weight loss of each team. Each respective team member can be weighed at different Lighten Up, East Texas locations.
Eligibility for any of the individual or team prizes is only available for persons 18 years of age or older on the date of their initial weight. Selected winners must provide federal or state-issued photo identification before they are awarded a prize. Acceptable forms of ID will be limited to:
1) A valid Texas driver’s license (proof of current automobile insurance may be required, dependent upon the prize that is being awarded)
2) An active United States (U.S.) passport
3) U.S. Military identification (active duty, retired military, or D.O.D. cilivians)
4) Permanent resident card
5) A Native American tribal photo ID
6) A payroll receipt received within the previous 30 days
7) A utility bill which provides the person’s physical street address (not mailing address)
Fit City Tyler and its affiliates reserve the right to use any and all information related to the Lighten Up, East Texas regional weight loss challenge for marketing materials or any other promotional purpose, unless prohibited by law. Lighten Up, East Texas and all of its related pages, contents and codes are the property of Fit City Tyler, the Fit City Challenge, and/or its affiliates. Unauthorized use of materials, trademarks or any other intellectual property without express written consent is strictly prohibited.
The Fit City Tyler Executive Committee reserves the right to substitute any prize with another prize of equal or greater value, and reserves the right to restrict the winners to only persons whose primary residence, as verified with the provision of an acceptable form of identification, is within one of these Texas counties that are defined to reside within the Texas Department of State Health Services’ Region 4 and 5 North.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Each winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes that accompany each prize, and will be required to complete an IRS form W-9. Fit City Tyler will withhold taxable prizes until a completed form W-9 is received. Winners will be initially notified by email. A person may win an individual prize throughout the Lighten Up, East Texas regional weight loss challenge promotion, and also be a member of one of the winning teams. Likewise, a person can win an individual prize during the kickoff event on November 3, 2012, and win an individual prize at the completion of the regional weight loss challenge.
If a selected winner is unreachable by email, then telephone contact will be attempted. After three (3) business days, if that winner is unavailable for prize fulfillment, an alternate winner will be selected. If an eligible alternate winner cannot be contacted, as would be decided by the executive members of Fit City Tyler, then that prize will not be awarded.
By performing the initial weigh-in at a designated Lighten Up, East Texas location and submitting their entry card, each participant agrees that any and all physical activity that is performed in relation to this weight loss challenge will be done at his/her sole risk. The participant also releases all Sponsors, and their parent and subsidiary companies, their officers, directors, employees, agents, shareholders, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, and advertising agencies from all liability, claims, or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, accidents, claims, or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership, or use of their prizes, that may arise either directly or indirectly from participation with this weight loss challenge.
Lighten Up, East Texas regional weight loss challenge entrants agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of the executive members of the Fit City Tyler Steering Committee, which are final on all matters pertaining to the Lighten Up, East Texas regional weight loss challenge. Entrants further grant Fit City Tyler, and its affiliates, the right to use and publish their proper name online and in print, or any other media, in connection with the Lighten Up, East Texas regional weight loss challenge.
Lighten Up, East Texas, and its affiliates are not responsible for Internet crashes or slowdowns caused by network congestion, viruses, sabotage, satellite failures, phone line failures, electrical outages, natural disasters or acts of God.
All members of the Fit City Tyler Steering Committee and their immediate family members are not eligible for the random prize drawings. All posted results are unofficial until winners respond to e-mail notification.
All decisions of the judges are final.