Lighten Up, East Texas Regional Weight Loss Challenge
A KickOff weighing event will be held inside the Broadway Square Mall in Tyler, on the weekend of January 6th and 7th, 2017. Any person who is at least 18 years of age at the time of their registration may enter.
To be eligible for the random prize drawings, a person must abide by the following rules:
1) At any designated Lighten Up East Texas weighing location, each registrant must have their first weight recorded anytime between Monday, January 2, 2017, and Tuesday, February 28, 2017. To complete registration, all entrants must return to a weighing location between Monday, May 1, 2017, and Friday, May 5, 2017, and have their final weight recorded.
2) Every person must have their initial and final weights recorded at a designated Lighten Up East Texas weighing location. Each person’s registration and contact information will be collected and entered into the Lighten Up East Texas database. Persons who participated in previous editions of Lighten Up East Texas will need to provide their contact information again.
3) Persons must be weighed on a scale that is approved by the administrator(s) of each weighing location. Each person is advised to wear lightweight clothing and maintain modesty in appearance. Removing shoes, jewelry and personal accessories is not mandatory, for a valid comparison of weight loss may not be achieved at the final weight.
4) Each person’s weight must be seen and verified by the administrator &/or an employee of the respective weighing location before it can become registered.
Eligibility for the random individual prize drawings will be based on the percentage of body weight that is lost between each person’s initial and final weights. Calculated differences will be absolute; the resulting difference in weight loss will not be rounded.
An individual reserves the right not to have their weights entered for the purpose of winning prizes, but a person must exercise this right by not submitting their collected information into the Lighten Up East Texas regional weight loss challenge. A person having their weight and their personal information recorded into the official Lighten Up East Texas registration database voids their ability to waive this right.
For the random grand prize drawings, an entry will be earned based on every five percentage points (5%) of weight that is lost between the initial and final recorded weights. A maximum of four entries (20% of weight loss) can be earned by any individual. Prize eligibility is completed when a person returns to a designated Lighten Up East Texas weighing location and has their final weight officially seen and recorded. Each person’s weight loss will be determined by the calculated difference on the Lighten Up East Texas electronic database.
Team prizes are awarded based on the combined average percentage of weight loss of all members of a team that complete registration. Each team member that registers at the beginning of the weight loss challenge must have their final weight recorded; otherwise, that team member will not be included in the team’s final weight loss totals. Each respective team member can be weighed at different Lighten Up East Texas locations.
Eligibility for any of the individual or team prizes is only available for persons 18 years of age or older on the date of their initial weight. Selected winners must provide federal or state-issued photo identification before they are awarded a prize. Acceptable forms of ID will be limited to:
1) A valid Texas driver’s license (proof of current automobile insurance may be required, dependent upon the prize that is being awarded)
2) An active United States (U.S.) passport
3) U.S. Military identification (active duty, retired military, or D.O.D. cilivians)
4) Permanent resident card
5) A Native American tribal photo ID
6) A payroll receipt received within the previous 30 days
7) A utility bill which provides the person’s physical street address (not mailing address)
Fit City Tyler and its affiliates reserve the right to use any and all information related to the Lighten Up East Texas regional weight loss challenge for marketing materials or any other promotional purpose, unless prohibited by law. Lighten Up East Texas and all of its related webpages, contents and codes are the property of Fit City Tyler, the Fit City Challenge, and/or its affiliates. Unauthorized use of materials, trademarks or any other intellectual property without express written consent is strictly prohibited.
The Fit City Tyler Steering Committee reserves the right to substitute any prize with another prize of equal or greater value, and reserves the right to restrict the winners to only persons whose primary place of employment is within one of these Texas counties: Smith, Gregg, Rusk, Cherokee, Anderson, Henderson, Rains, Van Zandt, Kaufman, Wood, Upshur, Camp, Morris, Titus, Franklin, Hopkins, Delta, Lamar, Red River, Bowie, Cass, Marion, Harrison, Panola, Shelby, Nacogdoches, Angelina, Sabine, San Augustine, Newton, Jasper, Tyler, Polk, San Jacinto, Trinity, or Houston.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Each winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes that may accompany each prize. Winners will be initially notified by email, followed by phone call and postal mail notification. If the prize is valued more than $600, the winner will be required to complete an IRS form W-9. Fit City Tyler will withhold taxable prizes until a completed form W-9 is received. A person may win an individual prize throughout the Lighten Up East Texas regional weight loss challenge promotion, and also be a member of one of the winning teams.
For all of the prizes that will be randomly selected at the conclusion of the weight loss challenge, a person may only win one prize. If selected after receiving a grand prize, their name immediately becomes ineligible for the possibility of receiving another prize. Grand prize winners from previous editions of Lighten Up East Texas may participate in future editions of the weight loss challenge, but are ineligible to win another grand prize.
If a selected winner is unreachable by email, then telephone contact will be attempted. After three (3) business days, if that winner is unavailable for prize fulfillment, an alternate winner will be selected. If an eligible alternate winner cannot be contacted, as would be decided by Fit City Tyler, then that prize will not be awarded.
By performing the initial weigh-in at a designated Lighten Up East Texas location and submitting their registration, each participant agrees that any and all physical activity that is performed in relation to this weight loss challenge will be done at his/her sole risk. The participant also releases all Sponsors, their parent and subsidiary companies, their officers, directors, employees, agents, shareholders, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, and advertising agencies from all liability, claims, or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, accidents, claims, or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership, or use of their prizes, that may arise either directly or indirectly from participation with this challenge.
Lighten Up East Texas regional weight loss challenge entrants agree to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Fit City Tyler Steering Committee, which are final on all matters pertaining to the Lighten Up East Texas regional weight loss challenge. Entrants further grant the right to use and publish their proper name online and in print, or any other media, in connection with the Lighten Up East Texas regional weight loss challenge to Fit City Tyler and its affiliates.
Lighten Up East Texas, and its affiliates are not responsible for Internet crashes or slowdowns caused by network congestion, viruses, sabotage, satellite failures, phone line failures, electrical outages, natural disasters or acts of God.
All posted results are unofficial until winners verify their prize eligibility.
Last updated on December 29, 2016.